Joining us is very easy. Just check out our next scheduled meeting and see for yourself why Shogi is just the right thing for you!
If you plan to join our onsite in-person meetings you will be expected to register and become
both a Shogi club member (click for the link) and an EJCA member (click for the link).
In order to help us to plan ahead please indicate if you plan to attend via this simple form: (click for the link here)
What else do you need to know?
- Club fees:
- One time registration fee/member: 20$ (helps us to acquire club equipment, game material, flyers, posters, …)
- half-year membership fee (Oct-Mar, Apr-Sep, paid upfront): 30$ (helps us to cover rental costs) (if you join mid-semester, will pro-rate accordingly)
- Shōgi club members are also required to be EJCA members.
- Equipment: we have Shōgi Boards, pieces, byoyomi-clocks available – but feel free to bring your own set as well.
- In order to record games for later analysis, you could bring a smartphone and use https://play.mogproject.com/ as an easy to use tool to record your (in-person) games – or use any other Shogi app that serves the same purpose
- For instructions, puzzles and practice games online, we recommend you have a look at lishogi.org,
- Please do join our very own team on lishogi, so you can participate in online tournaments.
- You could also explore the well-known 81dojo website for a large international crowd of players; and don’t miss the Canadian Shogi Discord channel